My career: From start to Finnish
Pouria Kay, Iran
1. The reason I ended up in Finland is… I got accepted to an international design business management master’s programme, which gave me the opportunity to work on something that I love.
2. What I find surprising about working in Finland is… the independence to learn and the space to experiment and grow (fast).
3. My favourite thing about Finland is… first, it’s safe and peaceful; second, its fresh water and clean environment; and third, that you can be yourself no matter who you are.
4. How I got my current job is… I found a problem to be solved, and I set up a company to try and solve that problem. This is Finland – you can!
5. The piece of advice I would give to someone contemplating coming to work in Finland is… when you come here from a different culture, it is a process to understand why things are the way they are. The key is to be open from the outset and try to adapt to your new environment. Otherwise, it is easy to start criticising how things are different.
We are getting to know what people born abroad think about working life in Finland.
Looking for more good news? Subscribe to our newsletter.
Looking for more good news? Subscribe to our newsletter