My career: From start to Finnish
Marina Gretsova, Russia
Entrepreneur and 3D artist
1. The reason I ended up in Finland is… I came to get my MA degree in design, met my future business partner at my first place of employment and together we subsequently started our studio.
2. If I could change one thing about Finnish working life it would be… I noticed that people are often postponing calling each other when they need information to proceed with work. They will send an email and wait. I would like there to be more open, friendly and direct communication in the work life.
3. My favourite things about Finland are… honest people, tap water, rye bread.
4. How I got my current job is… we founded our own company, following the Lean Startup methodology, when, after doing quick research at a construction fair, we found that our services are needed and the business will live.
5. The piece of advice I would give to someone contemplating coming to work in Finland is… Train yourself to be disciplined, on time and reliable. Get used to drinking tonnes of coffee and forget about asking or sharing personal questions at your workplace.
We are getting to know what people born abroad think about working life in Finland.
Looking for more good news? Subscribe to our newsletter.
Looking for more good news? Subscribe to our newsletter