10 Questions: Kim Väisänen
- Where will you store your recently-won Finnish Business Angel of the Year 2017 award?
I’ll find a special place for it in my basement.
- What is your morning routine?
Try to survive, get up and take my kids to kindergarten on time.
- What do you enjoy about being a business angel?
Every day has its own challenges. Not a single day is the same, thank God!
- How do you know when you should make an investment?
I have a little helper called intuition that helps me make the right decisions.
- What activities do you enjoy when you are not working?
During my free time – if I have any after my family activities – I try to correct people who are wrong on the Internet. My work is progressing well.
- What comes to mind when you think of Finland’s startup scene?
Youngsters are so good at pitching their startups. Luckily, I do not have to compete against them myself. I would lose big time.
- What is the most important piece of advice you have received during your career?
Never let the till [working capital] run out.
- If you were hosting a dinner party and could only invite three guests, who would they be and why?
The people who established the world’s three largest religions. I would like to know what they were originally thinking and what were their intentions.
- What do you miss about Finland when you are abroad?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years’ time?
As a godfather of great startup companies.