10 questions: Carita Harju
- What is your typical workday like?
I wake up at home in Muurame usually at six. I have breakfast and then I plan my work tasks. We organise various events and happenings and my days are often spent co-ordinating things. I travel on business every fortnight. On my trips I often have a sauna in different places, which is definitely the best aspect of my job.
- What is the next big sauna trend?
Various relaxing wellness services carried out while having a sauna, such as sauna therapy and sauna yoga, for example, have increased. Different sauna worlds will also gain ground in the future.
- What is the most challenging aspect of your job?
Limited resources and not enough time to dedicate to an extensive and responsible cause. Globalisation has given us new momentum, and communications in various market areas need to be well-thought-out.
- When did you last help your colleague?
I try to help someone everyday in different things, and people also help me.
- Where is the best Finnish sauna outside of Finland?
An authentic Finnish sauna can be recognised based on the Authentic Finnish Sauna Experience quality label granted by us for saunas abroad. We haven’t as yet granted a single label, but it will certainly happen over the next few years.
- How do you develop yourself professionally?
I’m a member of the Board of Directors of the Finnish Marketing Association. I read and monitor activities related to marketing and communications on other forums as well.
- What pointers would you give a company operating in the sauna business and planning to go global?
Go fearlessly forward, believe in your product or service, and get help from globalisation experts. Companies that offer the Finnish sauna experience have excellent growth opportunities on the global markets.
- What hashtag did you last use and in connection to what?
#Saunalifestyle, #saunafromfinland and #sauna. I used them when updating our network’s social media channels.
- Why is the Finnish sauna the best in the world?
The Finnish sauna is a holistic experience that involves multiple senses. Authenticity, presence, relaxation, cleanliness and wellbeing are inherent parts of it.
- Where is Finland’s best sauna located?
Kuusamo, for example, is home to many fine saunas, which have been granted our quality label.