10 Questions: Tommy Myllymäki
- What is your culinary superpower?
I think I have a good sense of taste…
- Do you have any ingredients you would never cook with?
Yes, ravioli that you can buy in a tin from a grocery store – it is the worst thing I know.
- If you weren’t a chef, what would your profession be?
It would be working with astronomy or as an interior architect/designer.
- What is your favourite family-time activity?
Hanging by the pool on a holiday. All my kids love swimming and water.
- What role does your Finnish heritage play in your life?
I’ve been to Finland every year since I was one year old and I think it is a big influence on my life.
- What three words would you use to describe yourself?
Optimistic, positive and great endurance.
- What item would you take with you to a deserted island?
Something to start a fire.
- Being so successful at such a young age, is there something you feel you have not accomplished as yet?
Yes, a lot. Life is complex, there is always something new to try or learn. Just keep your eyes and mind open. And have fun!
- What is your perfect getaway location?
Actually our summerhouse in Lestijärvi, Finland. Love it, I’m totally relaxed when I’m there.
- What tips would you give to amateur chefs wanting to establish their own restaurant?
Keep going, you need to be daring, strong and open-minded; things will be different from what you planned before opening.