10 Questions: Lincoln Kayiwa
- What’s your unmissable breakfast item?
A glass of cold water.
- What is your passion? Why?
I am passionate about fusing art with design to create functional solutions for everyday needs.
- How did you come up with the idea of doing 3D-printed art?
Just like bones I wanted my clothes hangers seamless, which was impossible to realise with plastic injection moulding.
- Which character trait do Finnish designers have in common?
- How does Finnish design differ from Ugandan design?
Minimalist design is to Finland as decorative art is to Uganda.
- What is the best kind of feedback a designer can get?
- Who would you say has inspired you the most?
- When are you at your happiest?
When on holiday with my family.
- What is the best thing about Finland?
- What advice would you give to young people hoping to become professional designers?
Forge your own path, make your own rules.