My career: From start to Finnish
Kenigbolo Meya Stephen, Nigeria
Full stack software engineer and frontend engineering team lead
1. The reason I ended up in Finland is… that my partner is a Finn. I relocated from Estonia to Finland as it was more feasible considering we’re a young couple building a family.
2. What I find surprising about working in Finland is… zero bureaucracy at the workplace. This may not apply to all companies, but I love the no BS and zero bureaucracy policy where I work, despite the company having several employees.
3. If I could change one thing about Finnish working life it would be… more work social events. I think considering the weather here a bit more work-related social events would be very helpful.
4. How I got my current job is… pretty much via atalent.fi, which was obviously recommended to me by my partner. I went online and made an application, got an interview, got an offer afterwards and voila!
5. The piece of advice I would give to someone contemplating coming to work in Finland is… there’s nothing much to say here than take a look at the 2018 World Happiness Report and thank me later!
We are getting to know what people born abroad think about working life in Finland.
Looking for more good news? Subscribe to our newsletter.