My career: From start to Finnish
1. I currently work as an… English language trainer and author.
2. The reason I ended up in Finland is… because I wanted to follow in my father’s footsteps. He came to live in Finland from Wales and married my mother, a Finn.
3. What I find surprising about working in Finland is… meeting students who despite being able to speak English very well lack confidence when communicating.
4. If I could change one thing about Finnish working life it would be… to increase verbal communication, it’s good to talk!
5. My favourite thing about Finland is… my Finnish family.
In this new series, we are getting to know what people born abroad think about working life in Finland.
Looking for more good news? Subscribe to our newsletter.